Rocket Chickens 15k - Buyer beware

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Malady
Realm:Stormrage-us
Rocket Chickens 15k - Buyer beware

Post by Malady » March 12th, 2015, 12:00 am

I am seeing some level 1 alts on Stormrage selling a ton of TCG pets, including Rocket Chicken for 15k, when its usual price range is 35-50k...Is this a legit or safe investment at all, or does anyone know if another duping craze is in the making and its price is crashing because of it?

Sorry if threads like this are not supposed to be here -- I'm new here :) Just wanted some input before I went and snagged one, because experience shows that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. :roll:

EDIT: He's reduced his price to 14k.

EDIT 2: Yep -- It's definitely some kind of illegal operation. I am staring at 3 level 1 human alts, all in the same guild called <gdgdsg fd> trading each other back and forth.

EDIT 3: (can't post links) imgur plus ---> /WLU8Das.jpg
Buyer beware!!

EDIT 4: [2. Trade] [Maltonienn-Stormrage]: wts [Ethereal Soul-Trader]x20 cheap
Welp.
Last edited by Malady on March 12th, 2015, 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Rocket Chickens 15k? Duped?

Post by Peanutty » March 12th, 2015, 12:17 am

This thread should have some useful info for you: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10711

It's up to you to decide if you want to chance it or not. If you are going to buy a suspect item, I highly suggest buying from AH only, as that adds an extra safeguard in case there's an issue with your purchase.

Jersie
Top Rater
Pet Score:2519
BattleTag®:SneakyMurloc#1981
Realm:Dentarg-us

Re: Rocket Chickens 15k? Duped?

Post by Jersie » March 12th, 2015, 12:25 am

I bought 2 spectral tiger cubs off the auction house for 10k a piece. My care level about duping was pretty low for that price.

Malady
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Rocket Chickens 15k - Buyer beware

Post by Malady » March 12th, 2015, 12:34 am

Yeah. I just looked on the Undermine Journal to check the price of the Ethereal Soul Traders, which they are spamming for 13k...I instantly saw that 13k was by far the most common price, and on closer inspection, all of the 13k sellers appear to have random sketchy gibberish names like "Jatbirklek." These batch of flooders are all level 1 instead of level 6, and placeable on the AH, which may mean they are not duped items per se, but there is definitely a sketchy operation going on with many level 1 alts dipping into a gibberish guild bank and trading one another back and forth. I can only guess that the pets were stripped from hacked accounts and/or the gold from hacked accounts was used to snag TCG pets off the AH.

I don't know whether Blizzard will remove the pets from your account if you buy, but I would personally advise refraining from doing any sort of buying/trading with these pets for a while just by virtue of the fact that these market crashers are poised to ruin them again.

Saviya
Pet Score:11644
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » March 12th, 2015, 8:25 am

Don't buy those pets through trades, the only safe way is on the AH. If you get them through the AH for crazy low prices, I'd suggest screenshotting it so you have proof if need be. However, I've found multiple TCG pets for 15-20k (my server generally has them 45-60) and have never had any issues.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » March 12th, 2015, 2:50 pm

Unless you are redeeming a loot code from a tcg card, you dont know what youre getting. Blizzard has been hands off about this. I dont know anyone who has been stripped of a duped pet even if it was acquired through trade chat...just dont expect any help if you get scammed by a trade chat deal....

At this point, you are likely buying a duped pet from the AH ..meaning it was at some point created through duping before it got to your AH. Understand that the pets will battle the same as any non duped pet so buyers don't care other than the ethical itch that may persist..knowing they supported some shady gold farmer in some way

Jersie
Top Rater
Pet Score:2519
BattleTag®:SneakyMurloc#1981
Realm:Dentarg-us

Post by Jersie » March 12th, 2015, 3:11 pm

I bought a rocket chicken today for 12000g. My ethics hurt but my pockets don't.