Battle net cards in Canada?

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us
Battle net cards in Canada?

Post by Africanleopard » March 10th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Hello

Any Canadians know where one can buy battle net cards in Canada? Specifically Ontario?

Best Buy doesn't carry, neither does Gamestop or shoppers drug mart [carries many, but not battle net :( ].

Thanks

Slurms
Pet Score:4676
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Re: Battle net cards in Canada?

Post by Slurms » March 10th, 2016, 8:49 pm

I'm pretty sure EB games would carry them in Ontario.

Auryona
MVP
Pet Score:5343
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Auryona » March 10th, 2016, 9:19 pm

BNet cards are apparently difficult to find in Canada!

If you are trying to get BNet balance and don't have or want to use a personal credit card, you can buy the pre-paid credit cards in a store and use those to load balance. You can also purchase balance through Google Play/iTunes if you have an Android/iPhone that can run Hearthstone, so you can load Google Play/iTunes gift cards.

If you are trying to get BNet codes, I'd recommend using Amazon, Steam, or another site that distributes codes. You can then use pre-paid credit cards or the associated outlet's gift cards to pay.

Hope that helps :)

Africanleopard

Post by Africanleopard » March 11th, 2016, 12:09 pm

Thanks for the responses. No kidding re difficulty in getting hold of them....
Slurms wrote:I'm pretty sure EB games would carry them in Ontario.
EB Games and Gamestop are the same company :(
Auryona wrote:BNet cards are apparently difficult to find in Canada!

If you are trying to get BNet balance and don't have or want to use a personal credit card, you can buy the pre-paid credit cards in a store and use those to load balance. You can also purchase balance through Google Play/iTunes if you have an Android/iPhone that can run Hearthstone, so you can load Google Play/iTunes gift cards.

If you are trying to get BNet codes, I'd recommend using Amazon, Steam, or another site that distributes codes. You can then use pre-paid credit cards or the associated outlet's gift cards to pay.

Hope that helps :)
As a FYI I had already checked, Amazon charges USD23.99 plus USD4.99 shipping for a USD20 battle.net card. An extreme rip off IMHO. Not sold on Amazon.ca.

Thanks - I will check on Steam.

Auryona
MVP
Pet Score:5343
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Auryona » March 11th, 2016, 2:00 pm

I asked around and Walmart in Ontario may carry them (though it may just be the time card), and Best Buy carries cards as well. I don't actually live in Canada, so I can't confirm, sorry!

Also, Amazon offers digital codes at $20 flat, no tax or shipping, if you're not looking for an actual physical card. Though I'm not sure if there's any restriction on buying them if you're in Canada: http://www.amazon.com/Battle-net-Store-Gift-Card-Balance/dp/B012JMS4W2

Africanleopard

Post by Africanleopard » March 11th, 2016, 2:49 pm

Auryona wrote:I asked around and Walmart in Ontario may carry them (though it may just be the time card), and Best Buy carries cards as well. I don't actually live in Canada, so I can't confirm, sorry!

Also, Amazon offers digital codes at $20 flat, no tax or shipping, if you're not looking for an actual physical card. Though I'm not sure if there's any restriction on buying them if you're in Canada: http://www.amazon.com/Battle-net-Store-Gift-Card-Balance/dp/B012JMS4W2
Thanks for your help.

I actually surfed onto that page earlier and got this "This item is not available for purchase due to geographical restrictions. ".

The time cards are "easy" to get - I buy them for my nephew in South Africa :D . I don't understand why Blizz doesn't make the battle.net cards available in Canada though.... We have the same "gifting" issues *sigh*.

Thanks again though.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » March 12th, 2016, 1:36 pm

I haven't had problems gifting items/time from the store to people, but I wish Blizzard would allow us to buy bnet balance on their site for use on other accounts, not just our own.

Being Canadian has its limitations, not the least of which is our TERRIBLE dollar.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3