Trading Rule Question

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Charyse
Pet Score:3260
BattleTag®:Arcadia#1563
Realm:Perenolde-us
Trading Rule Question

Post by Charyse » June 15th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Good afternoon,

I [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9309341081]posted[/url] on the WoW Forums looking to trade a blizzard pet store pet for a Viscous Horror or Pygmy Direhorn and someone posted this type of trade is against the rules.

I'm interested in finding out if there has been a blue post on this issue.

Thanks!

Char

Tenshiame
Top Rater
Pet Score:3475
BattleTag®:AmaraAme#1364
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Trading Rule Question

Post by Tenshiame » June 15th, 2013, 5:06 pm

if it is against the rules, myself and several more people would've had our accounts suspended yesterday....

Septunie
Pet Score:4292
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Septunie » June 15th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Not against the rules, just not supported. Trading codes for anything (game time, pets, etc) is a partially out of game trade. If it goes south, Game Masters cannot assist in recovery. So they are done at our own risk.

Nymphis
Pet Score:11376
BattleTag®:Nymphye#1206
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nymphis » June 15th, 2013, 7:11 pm

I've never seen a blue post on this, and I've done a few of these trades. I doubt it's against rules as Blizz made the pets giftable, and with the ability to trade pets, it's a logical extension of the gifting. Although indeed they are very much at your own risk, as there is no way to verify that it was a trade - and not a "gift". It's very similar to trading things like Blizzcon pet codes or CE codes. But I've never had a problem with this type of trade with the guys/gals on this forum. The people I've dealt with, at least, are reliable and trustworthy.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » June 15th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Best advice I can say would be to have all parts of the trade done in WoW that way there is at least a chat log should the other person try to scam. You might not get your stuff back but there is at least a small chance. I tend to always ask for the code/gifted pet before trading anything.

But it is as people say. It is really not supported but not outright banned either.