Quick question about pet leveling prices/fees.

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Vaerosi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10251
BattleTag®:Vaerosi#1664
Realm:Hyjal-us
Quick question about pet leveling prices/fees.

Post by Vaerosi » October 23rd, 2014, 6:12 pm

I haven't been on the site in months, since I haven't had anything to collect or trade until the new pets in 6.0.2. Now that I'm back, I'm curious what the going rate for pet leveling is these days? Do people ever offer bulk discounts for leveling lots of pets for the same person? I personally find pet leveling tedious and boring, and would much rather pay someone else to do it for me, either with battle-stones, pets they don't have, or as a last resort actual gold itself.

Editing to match the question in my bump below: It's been a few months again, and with the introduction of the Menagerie (yay bird day today!) and leveling stones, I'm sure prices/fees for leveling has changed quite a bit yet again.

If anyone has bought or sold leveling services recently, could you let me know what the average going rate is these days? Thanks!
Last edited by Vaerosi on January 27th, 2015, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlott
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: Quick question about pet leveling prices/fees.

Post by Charlott » October 23rd, 2014, 7:24 pm

When I bought pet leveling, I paid 1k per 1 to 25 (same breed and quality), but a lot of that was in pet trades, valued at whatever I was selling it for on illidan/stormrage at the time.
So like.... at the time searing scorchling was 9k on illidan (I think), and I traded it for someone to level 8 pets from 1 to 25 for me.

Vaerosi
Top Rater

Post by Vaerosi » October 23rd, 2014, 7:26 pm

Ah, it was about 1k per 25 last time I checked too. When did you buy your pet leveling, may I ask?

Fahra
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Fahra » October 23rd, 2014, 8:29 pm

If you have any pets you're looking to trade that I don't have, I'd be willing to level some pets for you in exchange.
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Vaerosi
Top Rater

Post by Vaerosi » October 23rd, 2014, 9:28 pm

Fahra wrote:If you have any pets you're looking to trade that I don't have, I'd be willing to level some pets for you in exchange.
All of the pets I currently have for trade are listed here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4052 ^_^

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » October 23rd, 2014, 9:58 pm

I had well over 150 pets leveled a couple of months ago.
I believe the ladies that did the leveling for me it ended up roughly 800 to 1000g per pet (all of my pets at the time were lvl 12 and above so i worked out a rather unconventional arrangement). I didn't pay in gold, I paid one with pets that she still needed and stoned upwards of 35 pets for the other.
I'd suggest seeing if Angelwings http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6307 or Carolglrs (couldn't find a thread for her but here's her contact info) http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Carolglrs/ are free for leveling and having a discussion with them. I'll search my thread and link directly to them in a edit in a moment.

They've each lvl'd many pets for quiet of few of us here on the forums and come as highly recommended and trustworthy.

Vaerosi
Top Rater

Post by Vaerosi » October 23rd, 2014, 10:44 pm

Awesome, thank you Sibi! I actually looked up Angelwings earlier but it didn't look like she was actively leveling anymore so I didn't want to pester her. I didn't know about Carolglrs though, so I'll ping her and see what happens. =)

Carolglrs
Pet Score:4793
BattleTag®:carolglrs#1737
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Carolglrs » October 24th, 2014, 11:11 am

Just replied to your email, Skye!

I don't have a thread offering my pet leveling services b/c my routine varies a lot - I'm working on my 2nd degree (2 more semesters to go!) and have a 9m baby. If he's sick or if I have to take a test or hand in a paper, I probably won't have time for pet battles. So I rather go after ppl that are looking to have their pets leveled when I know I'll be able to help them.

(Although that probably won't be necessary anymore now that I have Sibi as my agent) =P

Sibi
Top Rater

Post by Sibi » October 24th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Sorry, Carolglrs! :(

Charlott
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Charlott » October 24th, 2014, 1:15 pm

Skye wrote:Ah, it was about 1k per 25 last time I checked too. When did you buy your pet leveling, may I ask?
I started buying leveling in... August I think and stopped in September. (I no longer have low level pets that are able to be caged.) I went through a few different people - usually people saw pets on my "spares" list or on the AH & wanted to do leveling instead of paying Illidan/Stormrage gold for the pet.
Jgcat did the most recent set of pet leveling for me and probably also did the largest number of pets. Was always a smooth trade.
I'd suggest just posting how much per pet & on which server you're paying (or which spares you're willing to trade). You'll probably get some bites :D gl

Vaerosi
Top Rater

Post by Vaerosi » January 27th, 2015, 3:08 am

It's been a few months again, and with the introduction of the Menagerie (yay bird day today!) and leveling stones, I'm sure prices/fees for leveling has changed quite a bit yet again.

If anyone has bought or sold leveling services recently, could you let me know what the average going rate is these days? Thanks!

Sibi
Top Rater

Post by Sibi » January 27th, 2015, 3:35 am

I want to say prices are still about the same. I paid between 500 to 1000 per pet before WOD and just a month or so ago paid the same prices. I think it mostly depends on the price you work out with the person you are leveling for/is doing leveling for you.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » January 27th, 2015, 3:54 am

Its like anything in WoW.. You pay someone else gold for their time/work. Even on Jahan day it takes time. Though faster because you can do a bunch and no travel/bandages. People may be loathe to sell leveled pets cheaply now with the rumored Nerf of pet xp in 6.1
Last edited by Tekulve2012 on January 27th, 2015, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » January 27th, 2015, 3:57 am

I have been paid 1k per pet. I also paid that rate before.

The menagerie pet xp is seemingly on the slate to be badly nerfed in the upcoming patch.

On my main realm, someone has done a lot of business and he made 2k per pet but its a low to med pop realm. I've never bought or sold there.

If you can get 500 g per pet anywhere, count your blessings.

I find 1k to be fair especially if you offer 'instant trading' ~ level 1 for the same level 25 -including pet rarity upgrade.

Vaerosi
Top Rater

Post by Vaerosi » January 27th, 2015, 11:02 am

Aha, thanks guys! All of the pets I've had leveled up in the past were somewhere in the 300g-1000g range, with most averaging around 500g or so. I do absolutely prefer the 'instant trading' as you say, just so my pets don't disappear (as so many people have reported happening before, sadface) but all of my upgradeable pets are already upgraded (except for a few new-to-Draenor fliers) so I don't have to worry about that at least. =)