Pet value guide?

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us
Pet value guide?

Post by Laraven » August 8th, 2013, 10:10 am

Would like to see a value guide here for pets. Something just to guide us by, showing current in game gold value and cash value. I wouldn't mind helping with TCG pets, as I stalk eBay hourly. I could give an average. I'm sure some Auction House add on could help with in game pets? I know each server is different, but with TCG cards dropping in price and the duping of Spectral Tiger Cubs and such, it's sometimes hard to know what a fair trade is. And yes, personal opinion vary, but a guide would be helpful. :) Anyone care to take on this project? Or feel this is a good/bad idea?

Chuckthulu
Pet Score:4494
BattleTag®:Chuckthulu#1881
Realm:Velen-us

Re: Pet value guide?

Post by Chuckthulu » August 8th, 2013, 10:46 am

Try [url]https://theunderminejournal.com/[/url] You can check your server, or someone elses you might be trading with.
It can be used for about a million other things auction-house related while not in game also.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » August 8th, 2013, 11:18 am

Also, if you look under great deals when you click on server and faction, there is a heading where you'll see a full listing of what's on each AH right now in terms of active pet auctions. Even gives the breed information. Should give you a way to bounce between servers quickly to find some good deals without having to log in and log out all the time between characters.

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13522
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » August 8th, 2013, 11:20 am

I have seen a HUGE decline in tcg pets. Before making a guide I would see where the market for tcg ends up. I have a feeling with this new expansion tcg will continue to drop for a few months. Id wait till the market stabilizes.

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » August 8th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Beana wrote:I have seen a HUGE decline in tcg pets. Before making a guide I would see where the market for tcg ends up. I have a feeling with this new expansion tcg will continue to drop for a few months. Id wait till the market stabilizes.
Agreed. I'm seeing some decent prices for sure. I have seen a Ethereal Plunderer for $85, Dragon kites $80 Spectral Tiger Cubs $99, but the craziest thing I saw was last week a Mini Tyreal sold for $400 buy it now. w/ free shipping. Wish I grabbed it.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » August 8th, 2013, 1:25 pm

I don't want to be pedantic, but I assume you mean price, not value, as they are not the same thing.

By their nature, prices are in constant flux. A static list of pet prices would not be accurate, and having a list of pets with live pricing would require constant updating. Also, prices vary wildly from realm to realm. What is expensive on one realm is cheap on another, and vice versa.

If you want to buy TCG pets I suggest using http://www.wowtcgloot.com/cheapest.htm?category=pets as a price guide.

For prices in gold I suggest using The Undermine Journal. It is already updated every hour. Bear in the mind that the price listed there is only the "ask" price, that is, the price the seller is asking for the item. To my knowledge Blizzard does not release the data on the true "market" price, that is, the last price the item actually sold for. Therefore the prices are not completely accurate, but it's the best estimate we have.

Without wanting to derail your thread, it should be noted that the "fair" price is whatever price the buyer and seller agree upon, i.e. the "market price". For example, during the first week of patch 5.3, the fair price for a Direhorn Runt was 10,000 gold. The fair price of one now is less than 500g. In each instance the buyer agreed to buy at that price, and the seller agreed to sell at that price.