Duplicates

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mraymus
Pet Score:10612
BattleTag®:mraymus#1296
Realm:Bronzebeard-us
Duplicates

Post by Mraymus » July 7th, 2024, 9:20 pm

I know in the Collection page it says that Duplicates don't count "towards" stats. However, in the Collection Rating page, can they count against you?

I only ask because I was looking at my Collection and rating versus someone else on my server. They have over 500 points more than I do, but they have at least 20 less Unique Pets than I do and 200 less Pets at Max Level. Their Rare percentage is higher, howevever, and they only have 3 duplicates, whereas I have 390 duplicates. Some of these are intentional (Unborn Valkyr, Sun-Lai Runt, etc., for dungeons), but some of them are just because I haven't eliminated them from the pack yet.

Would my score go up if I eliminated a bunch of my Duplicates? I suppose my Rare percentage would go up if I eliminated 300 duplicates, since the Rare percentage number is based on the total number of pets I have.

Just wondering if I need to eliminate dupes to increase my score or not.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:14672
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Duplicates

Post by Quintessence » July 7th, 2024, 10:07 pm

Duplicates shouldn't count toward your Pet Score in any way. If you have a duplicate of a pet, only the highest quality pet between the two would count. If you have duplicates of the same quality, only the higher level one would be considered. Removing duplicate pets wouldn't impact your Pet Score.

Since pet quality plays the biggest role in WarcraftPets' scoring system, even if a user has fewer unique pets if they have more rare quality (unique) pets they would likely have a higher overall score.

Here's the equation WarcraftPets uses to calculate Pet Score:

2*(total unique pets)
+ .12*(sum of all unique pet levels)
+ 1*(total common pets)
+ 2*(total uncommon pets)
+ 3*(total rare pets)
+ 5*(total epic pets)
+ 10*(total legendary pets)
= Pet Score
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com