New collector!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Re: New collector!

Post by Shikon01 » December 19th, 2013, 8:13 pm

Welcome to pet battles its very addicting isn't it lol !!! I used the fossilized raptor and emerald whelping when I started because of their heal abilities and no bandages or stable boys nearby. I agree w/ everyone you do need at least one good tank and I recommend one healer. As soon as you earn the tickets at DM faire be sure to collect those pets because I still use them for tanks and have 2 of each...love my Tonka toy tank !! Just have fun as you level and your pets level it gets easier as you collect additional pets giving you a variety to select from so don't get too frustrated when you battle and get spanked by others you will get there. !! :D

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » December 19th, 2013, 8:25 pm

My first team was the Emerald Whelpling, De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion, and the Panda Cub.

The Emerald Whelpling is still my all around favorite pet. :D

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » December 19th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Tiggindy wrote:My first team was the Emerald Whelpling, De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion, and the Panda Cub.

The Emerald Whelpling is still my all around favorite pet. :D
Yep the emerald whelping is my favorite too...could you tell /wink :)) I still use" Powerful Oz " everyday and for leveling pets and wish I had more than one..it was a gift from my son when he was playing back in the days.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:13002
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » December 20th, 2013, 8:41 am

Ive found a P/P breed Emerald Proto-Whelp (Different from the Emerald Whelpling) to be good in both PvE and PvP. Hits hard, Has a self heal and you can use Proto strike as a dodge when you know something nasty is coming.

Hareop
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Hareop » December 20th, 2013, 9:55 am

It is addicting. Looks like I will hit 90 without leaving the first zone of Pandaria since returning to the game. Being a mage is amazing for this addiction! I just teleport everywhere.

Pets are also opening up doors I did not open in the past. I picked up fishing last night to start getting all the crocodiles, and eventually a crawdad. Got Muckbreath first time.

Also nice to explore the old zones and see what has changed. Most of playing time was in vanilla doing PvP/Raiding aq/naxx/etc. Was sent on a quest to fight the tamer in felwood and it reminded me of all the good world pvp that used to be there with pvp minded players farming whipper root tubers. (I do believe this was before battle grounds even existed.)

Corefire Imp looks like it will be my first 25. Solid leveling pet so far. Got a few rare Cogblades the other night but B/B and B/S. Spent some time trying to farm a S/S Sporeling Sprout last night, looks like a fun pet with leech and crouch.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » December 21st, 2013, 8:52 am

Crazypants wrote:Ive found a P/P breed Emerald Proto-Whelp (Different from the Emerald Whelpling) to be good in both PvE and PvP. Hits hard, Has a self heal and you can use Proto strike as a dodge when you know something nasty is coming.
Yep this is an excellent pet and not as hard to get either :)
Hareop, like you I haven't finished exploring pandaland either and still have to locate daillies, quests, etc so I'm trying to collect some of the pets as I go through the zones. I think I'm going to have to break down and hit timeless isle to try and get some better gear as I'm getting smacked pretty good, but having a mage makes all the difference w/ portals. I wish all my toons could port makes life so much easier in game particularly when time is a factor. I'm glad you picked up fishing because yes, you can get great pets and turtle mount...good source of income and handy for cooking. Old mats from old zones bring good cash and I tell you this because before its over you will need that gold when you start drooling at some AH pets for sell...end the end we all break down and buy and few pets for our stable and nothing wrong w/ that :)

Hareop

Post by Hareop » December 21st, 2013, 2:35 pm

Shikon01 wrote:
Crazypants wrote:Ive found a P/P breed Emerald Proto-Whelp (Different from the Emerald Whelpling) to be good in both PvE and PvP. Hits hard, Has a self heal and you can use Proto strike as a dodge when you know something nasty is coming.
Yep this is an excellent pet and not as hard to get either :)
Hareop, like you I haven't finished exploring pandaland either and still have to locate daillies, quests, etc so I'm trying to collect some of the pets as I go through the zones. I think I'm going to have to break down and hit timeless isle to try and get some better gear as I'm getting smacked pretty good, but having a mage makes all the difference w/ portals. I wish all my toons could port makes life so much easier in game particularly when time is a factor. I'm glad you picked up fishing because yes, you can get great pets and turtle mount...good source of income and handy for cooking. Old mats from old zones bring good cash and I tell you this because before its over you will need that gold when you start drooling at some AH pets for sell...end the end we all break down and buy and few pets for our stable and nothing wrong w/ that :)
Aye I just hit 89 while trying to get a rare emerald proto whelp. I have had bad luck have cleared the area many times the past few days and no rare.

I did have an interesting experience last night talking to a guy selling a pet. After explaining I did not have enough we had a conversation about WoW and how servers lack any personality compared to vanilla and pre cross server stuff. After our talk he thanked me for "not being a dick" and gave me several thousand gold, a Clockwork Gnome, Snarly, and a Phoenix Hatchling. Then he said Merry Christmas and logged out to say he would not be playing the character again.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » December 22nd, 2013, 7:51 am

I love it when folks do random giving its just so cool. You will still see high level toons going to starter zones giving away items and gold to new players to get them started and help motivate them along or help them w/ some random quests, I personally enjoy it :)

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » December 22nd, 2013, 12:15 pm

I have noticed the Pet Community is more generous. We all play WoW, but the pet collecting is a sub group within the massive WoW group and I think that makes us a little more giving and gives us a closer sense of camaraderie. I am not surprised when I hear stories of people giving away pets to other collector's or people just getting started. :)

Corah
Pet Score:13559
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » December 22nd, 2013, 4:19 pm

I highly suggest a [pet]Water Waveling[/pet] and a [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet]. They are my go to pets for many trainer battles.

Hareop

Post by Hareop » December 22nd, 2013, 8:29 pm

So I have three level 25 rare pets now. Nexy my Nexus Whelp, Gato the Gorefire Imp (who is awesome), and Cooties a Scourged Whelping!

I've been trying to find a Kun-Lai rare but no such luck yet. I did get a flawless humanoid stone for my efforts. Is it worth just stoning one or is there a humanoid I should keep the stone for.

I am going to start leveling my Clockwork Gnome once I figure out a name for him, that Water Wavling looks like a match for my mage though!

Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9625
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us

Post by Sweetdr0ps » December 23rd, 2013, 7:50 pm

welcome !