Flying in Pandaria

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us
Flying in Pandaria

Post by Violetfemme » August 2nd, 2013, 1:36 pm

Anyone know if Blizzard plans on making it less painful to buying flight training in Pandaria in any future patch? I was hoping they would make it cheaper if you already had a max level character, like they allowed it sooner with Northrend. I think paying that much gold per character is crazy. I have leveled 4 characters via MoP questing and 1 (almost 2) primarily through pet battles/dailies. You can certainly make the gold via questing, less so with pet battles. Plus as an avid collector, my gold goes to acquiring new pets, so when a new character hits 90, my thought is of..."oops, now where do I get the gold for flying???" My shammy is 4 bars from 90 and I'd love to not have to pay those fees for MoP flying.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Flying in Pandaria

Post by Adumbledore » August 4th, 2013, 11:02 pm

I don't know if they have plans to reduce the cost, but like you, I wish they would. I have a lot of toons that need the flying skill for Pandaria and being in the poverty level in WoW (seriously, I need WoW welfare and WoW food stamps), it's difficult to spend that much money for each toon to learn the skill.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » September 4th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Adumbledore wrote:I don't know if they have plans to reduce the cost, but like you, I wish they would. I have a lot of toons that need the flying skill for Pandaria and being in the poverty level in WoW (seriously, I need WoW welfare and WoW food stamps), it's difficult to spend that much money for each toon to learn the skill.
ROFMAO !!!!!!!!!! Ditto I 'm poor as a dirt farmer myself and Naos just hit 90 today wooohoo :D I have been so busy w/ the pet thing I haven't done that last quest " all aboard " that gives access to pandaland: however, I did portal to the vale and road all around got a couple of more pets of course, but I don't want to start it until after DM since game time is a factor. I had heard people ran into issues hearthing home in middle of chain so don't want to add to my confusion :))

Bikethief
Pet Score:445
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bikethief » October 3rd, 2013, 6:03 pm

With 5.4 out now and *still* no mention of either making it cheaper or available pre-90, I'm starting to lose hope that it's going to happen any time during this expansion. It doesn't help that you can't even fly on any of the new-ish Isle zones (Giants, Thunder and Timeless), so unless you're farming materials, pets, relics, etc., you'll rarely even use it.
Bikethief - 90 Nelf Moonkin // Stormrage-US

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » October 5th, 2013, 6:29 am

This conversation comes up every time there's an expansion. The game needs things like this to remove some of the gold from the game. If there were no gold sinks, all prices would become massively inflated and currency would become worthless.

Besides, 2500g when you have a level 90 character is really a neglible amount; you can earn that in a couple of hours.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » December 2nd, 2013, 10:01 am

I will say I was glad I waited until I hit 90 then bought flying skill...has made life so much easier since I don't have the greatest gear at this time. For me personally, I prefer to fly. I have seen all the complaints on wow forum regarding the next expansion and no flying. My advice is if you don't like the ground mount thing like me ( in high level areas ) just go ahead and level toon to 90, get a portal to panda land and buy flight skill. That's the way I roll :)) :D Do what makes you happy :lol: