(US) Collector Edition and Blizzcon Pet Trading

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us
Re: (US) Collector Edition and Blizzcon Pet Trading

Post by Luxxy » October 13th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Kaputt wrote:I believe the line should be drawn when people ask for millions of gold or RL cash. Pets for codes or mounts for counts should be ok..
I agree with this as well, RL cash should not be being asked for neither should huge amounts of gold.

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » October 14th, 2013, 4:36 am

I am 100% against any type of regulation against trading of CE pets and other pets in that mold. The reason is this: With any trade of this nature a person needs to be aware that there is some risk. It is not exactly up to these forums to police that type of action. All this is doing is really punishing the people that have been doing legit CE/Blizzcon trading over the past year or so that I have been around here.

I do not see what the reason is for this either. I mean there has not been a rash of "I got screwed by X" posts and even if there was a post of that nature we have to understand that there is risk involved in these trades. I do not wish to spend real money on these things and I've done lord knows how many trades involving CE/Blizzcons to get nearly every pet I've wanted.

As long as the trade is a Blizzcon/CE code for in game pets then it should be fine to be on these forums. If this is in reaction to some blue post that was made a few months ago about these types of trades not being allowed...well blizzard has come on multiple times with different stances on this exact thing. They are NEVER in agreement on it mainly because they do not want to have to deal with these types of issues on possible scams or what have you.

I like these forums and I enjoy the trading here. I do not want to be driven off because I now couldn't request a trade for CE pet X or Blizzcon pet Y. Please reconsider this and instead just consider policing threads that may be shady or are threads of people trying to trade things for Cash or 1mil+ gold.

Kaputt
Pet Score:2856
BattleTag®:kaputt#1861
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Kaputt » October 14th, 2013, 5:29 am

to be honest, if the trade was legit if I HAD a mil gold i'd trade it for a tyr's hilt >.<

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » October 14th, 2013, 5:34 am

I view 3 things that are so out of reach that it would be near impossible to trade for. Tyrael, Vanilla CE and Murky. The reason I list those is because each of them would be things that would take more than one trade. Either more than 1mil gold in a trade or more than 6 pets in return (Due to the price drops of many pets). Thus the risk for potential scamming is greater on pets of that nature. All of the other pets fall within single trade window potentially so the risk is a good deal less than with the pets I named.

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 14th, 2013, 9:29 am

Faelar wrote:I view 3 things that are so out of reach that it would be near impossible to trade for. Tyrael, Vanilla CE and Murky. The reason I list those is because each of them would be things that would take more than one trade. Either more than 1mil gold in a trade or more than 6 pets in return (Due to the price drops of many pets). Thus the risk for potential scamming is greater on pets of that nature. All of the other pets fall within single trade window potentially so the risk is a good deal less than with the pets I named.
I agree

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » October 14th, 2013, 10:16 am

Faelar wrote:I view 3 things that are so out of reach that it would be near impossible to trade for. Tyrael, Vanilla CE and Murky. The reason I list those is because each of them would be things that would take more than one trade. Either more than 1mil gold in a trade or more than 6 pets in return (Due to the price drops of many pets). Thus the risk for potential scamming is greater on pets of that nature. All of the other pets fall within single trade window potentially so the risk is a good deal less than with the pets I named.
We came to the same conclusion.

When we first began discussing creating a policy to limit the trading of problematic pets, we only had these (5) pets on our list. However, concerns on our team pushed us to limit all CE pets, and then extend those limitations even further for fringe pets that have caused issues in the past. Again, this wasn't done to impede anyone's ability to use our trading forums -- it was more to protect our users. But I think we went too far.

So we've updated this policy to ONLY include Tyrael, the original CE pets and Murky. [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491]A new post is up[/url] that outlines the updated policy and this post has been unstickied.

Thank you all for voicing your concerns.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » October 14th, 2013, 10:55 am

Are people still allowed to offer gold in their trades, along with pets? Or is it pets-only?

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » October 14th, 2013, 10:59 am

Adumbledore wrote:Are people still allowed to offer gold in their trades, along with pets? Or is it pets-only?
Yes, gold may be traded for pets.

The updated policy only limits the trading of five (5) pets as detailed. You may freely trade any other pets in any manners that are not explicitly against the Blizzard ToS.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672

Post by Adumbledore » October 14th, 2013, 11:07 am

Ok, thanks. :) It doesn't really apply to me since I have no gold, but it's nice for the clarification.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12591

Post by Angelwings626 » October 14th, 2013, 11:40 am

Are you allowed to link sources (IE an ebay page or other forum) that has the restricted item?

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 14th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Angelwings626 wrote:Are you allowed to link sources (IE an ebay page or other forum) that has the restricted item?
Not sure, personally I wouldn't cause that would in a way be finding a loop hole around it and still trying to trade or sell those 5 pets.

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Shiranui » October 14th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Darn I was looking forward to trading a Murkalot for a few pets ><

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 14th, 2013, 1:00 pm

Shiranui wrote:Darn I was looking forward to trading a Murkalot for a few pets ><
You still can, Its just murky, mini tyrael, zergling, mini diablo and the panda cub that you can not trade now. [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491[/url]

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Shiranui » October 14th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Oh ok wonderful, understandable about removing the others, but I'm sure with everyone knowing everyone here there'll still be good legit trades going on for those pets.

Wowkemon
Top Rater
Pet Score:13773
BattleTag®:wowkemon#1126
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Wowkemon » October 14th, 2013, 1:16 pm

This is great news :) gj on the feedback guys! and thanks to the warcraft team for taking the time to go over it and revise it.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635

Post by Peanutty » October 14th, 2013, 1:27 pm

Thank you for the updated list! It's good to know that, for the most part, pet trading can go on as usual.

And I agree with all of those who've said that caution, common sense, and research are your friends when it comes to striking a trade. If something seems fishy to you, no matter how much you might want that pet, WALK AWAY. It does take a certain level of trust to be able to put a sum of gold or an item in a trade window and wait for someone to gift you a pet code, or even to give someone a pet to stone or level, but if you take some precautions before you trade, you can really reduce a lot of the risk involved.

Faelar
Top Rater

Post by Faelar » October 14th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Exactly. A lot of us are long time traders on these forums now so if there is ever a question on someone that is doing a trade feel free to ask for some feedback or references. The goal here is for everyone to get as many pets as they can and for trading to go smoothly for both parties involved.

Feliciamarie
Top Rater

Post by Feliciamarie » October 14th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Wait...so are CE's allowed again or not? The OP says we can't but a different post says we can..?

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » October 14th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Feliciamarie wrote:Wait...so are CE's allowed again or not? The OP says we can't but a different post says we can..?
this one hasn't been updated yet, refer to [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491[/url]

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » October 14th, 2013, 5:17 pm

I'm keeping this post because it was fun seeing the changes made thanks to feedback by our users. No one raged, people made legitimate points and in the end we changed our stance because you are all so awesome!

This thread is now locked. Refer to the new post here:

[url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491[/url]
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!